Download PDF of Leslie Daigle’s 2 page professional Resume: LLDGeneralResume
I bring people together to solve problems and deliver coherent, innovative, on-point results. I have led corporate technology teams, cross-industry institutions and industry volunteer efforts to achieve results with global impact.
I am driven to figure technical and organizational systems out, reduce confusion and disorganization, to identify opportunities and enable groups of people to achieve great things. I have repeatedly built organizations and teams, introduced innovative ideas, and led people to see things in a new light.
I believe in collaboration as the means to achieve the impossible.
Areas of Expertise
Strategic vision and planning
Public leadership – leading organizations to public consensus
|Management of strong creative developers
Deep Internet industry expertise and connections
Comprehensive understanding of Internet technology, standards and operations
|Published author and invited public speaker
Non-profit and corporate experience
Thinking Cat Enterprises
Principal: May 2014 – present
Collaboration and clarity: The business landscape changes quickly in technology industries, and help is needed to illuminate trends and enable cross-industry action.
- Independent consultant: proposed, landed and executed projects to experts from across the networking industry to gain agreement on how to address, in a collaborative fashion, timely topics such as Internet video, routing security and network measurements
- Co-organized You Are Not Alone (YANA) – a cross-industry video networking technology workshop and related meetings. See http://yana.techark.org.
- As IETF Administrative Oversight Committee Chair (volunteer appointment), provided community leadership as the Internet’s standards organization, the IETF, embarked on another organizational review.
- Commissioned to write survey papers on the state of the Internet and its governance
Chief Internet Technology Officer (CITO): September 2007 – May 2014
Organizational leadership: When I joined the Internet Society, the mission-driven, not-for-profit organization was not equipped to provide leadership in addressing the significant technical issues increasingly stifling the Internet’s development.
- As the organization’s first Chief Internet Technology Officer, I built and led a team of highly skilled experts
- Visibly successful activities of the team included the World IPv6 Day and World IPv6 Launch, which changed the course of IPv6 deployment, globally, and put the Internet Society organization on the map of go-to organizations to foster Internet-supporting technical industry action.
- Reporting to the CEO, developed and delivered, on budget, the organization’s annual technology strategy
- Provided public face for ISOC’s technology positions – social media, traditional media, public speaking
Corporate Consulting Engineer: June 2005 – September 2007
Director, Directory Research: June 2001 – May 2005
While contributing to these Internet industry tech giants’ technical business activities, I was also supported in contributing time to the Internet’s standardization organization, the IETF. I was selected by the IETF’s NomCom for 4 consecutive two-year terms on the Internet Architecture Board (IAB), and was elected chair of that board for 5 of those years.
Organizational structure and public leadership: In the early 2000’s, the Internet Engineering Task Force was at a critical juncture of its growth, and was being held back by the ad hoc support for its administration.
- I worked from my role as Chair of the Internet Architecture Board to lead the organization to public consensus to create and operate its own administrative support – taking responsibility for all expenses, contracting and growth of the organization.
Executive Vice President, CTO: 1999 – 2001
Bunyip Information Systems, Inc
Many and varied, Vice President, Research and Development: 1992 – 1999
Member of the Board: 1998 – 1999